“A healthy outside starts from the inside”
Breathe in the true essence of life and good health with the Oxygen Therapy at Health Culture. An unconventional therapy using the most essential source of living- Oxygen. Regain your balance and senses in this ultramodern okra, while your mind aligns with your physiology.
Approximately 90% of our life energy is created by oxygen – the most vital element on earth. Without it, human life simply could not exist.
OXYGEN THERAPY is based on Henry’s law of physics, which states that gas may be dissolved into a liquid form by increasing the pressure of the gas. If the body’s intake of oxygen is insufficient for whatever reason, then the body will be thrown out of balance. OXYGEN THERAPY offers this necessary rebalancing.
Clients report feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after Oxygen Therapy. Benefits include boosted energy levels, increased endurance during exercise and an improved ability to recover from physical exertion. Many of our clients also experience increased concentration as a result of improved oxygen supply to the brain, and some find that Oxygen Therapy helps them to relax, reduce their stress levels, and helps get a sound sleep.
During OXYGEN THERAPY, patients enter a specialised chamber where they breathe pure oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure. These conditions enable large amounts of oxygen to be taken up by the patient’s lungs and dissolved into the blood. The oxygen is then carried throughout the body, healing and rejuvenating damaged tissues. Increased oxygen levels stimulate stem cells to improve the growth of new blood vessels and boost the immune system to help fight infections.
Benefits Of Oxygen Therapy
Oxygen Therapy has many benefits. A complete course of therapy can:
- Improve Strength, Energy, and Endurance
- Relieve Tension and Stress
- Improve Concentration and Memory
- Detoxify The Blood
- Promote Healing and Counter Aging
- Provide A Natural Remedy for Headaches and Migraines
- Improve Metabolism and Aid Digestion
- Reduce Fatigue and Improve Sleeping Patterns
- Relieve Muscle Stiffness
- Improve Skin Conditions
- Strengthen The Immune
Oxygen Therapy detoxifies the system by destroying harmful bacteria.
- With constant contact with the highly polluted environment, the quality of your skin deteriorates internally.
- Oxygen Therapy boosts collagen production, promotes healing and fights physical signs of aging.
- It also intensifies metabolic activity to help with weight loss.
The high concentration of oxygen as a result of OXYGEN THERAPY speeds up the production of nutrients and amino acids deep inside tissues, repairing damaged skin. By improving the delivery of oxygen to damaged tissues, OXYGEN THERAPY accelerates the formation of new blood vessels.
Oxygen enhances the function of the brain, promoting wellness.
- The constant stress and fatigue of erratic living breed an unhealthy psychological system.
- Customers report feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Benefits include boosted energy levels, increased endurance during exercise and an improved ability to recover from physical exertion. Many of our clients also experience increased concentration as a result of improved oxygen supply to the brain, and some find that OXYGEN THERAPY helps them to relax, reduce their stress levels, or sleep soundly
- Oxygen Therapy boosts the immune system and the biological functioning of the systems, leading to the reduction of stress and anxiety disorders.
Oxygen Therapy improves blood flow to vessels and post-operative and sporting injury recovery.
- The strenuous workouts of athletes often lead to sports injuries and extreme fatigue of muscles.
- The anti-inflammatory effects of oxygen enhance performance and endurance levels and help muscles recover quickly.
- Oxygen Therapy is also effective in the treatment of chronic diseases like arthritis and various skin disorders.
Step 1: Arrive and change into the costume for the therapy.
Step 2: You will be guided to get into the oxygen chamber.
Step 3: You will then be exposed to pure oxygen for an hour.
Step 4: The pressure inside the sealed chamber is about 1.5 to 3 times the normal atmospheric pressure.
Step 5: Shower, relax in the lounge area 5 with some tea and bask in your post-oxygen therapy glow.
Oxygen Therapy FAQs
Oxygen Therapy is a non-invasive medical treatment administered by delivering 100% oxygen at pressures greater than two to three times the normal atmospheric (sea level) pressure to a patient in a chamber. Oxygen Therapy promotes healing by increasing the oxygen concentration in the body at the cellular level. Oxygen Therapy is FDA approved and has been proven effective as an adjunctive therapy for specific indications. It is used around the world. Oxygen Therapy has clearly been demonstrated to drastically enhance the body’s ability to heal.
There are many benefits associated with intermittent exposure to doses of Oxygen Therapy:
- Angiogenesis – Oxygen Therapy allows oxygen to reach low oxygen (hypoperfused) tissue and stimulates the growth of blood vessels to improve blood flow and oxygen supply to compromised tissue and bone so that it is better able to repair itself.
- Infection-Fighting – high levels of oxygen enhance the function of the cells that fight infection in our bodies and also helps eliminate infections caused by bacteria which cannot live in an oxygenated environment, such as gangrene
- Vasoconstriction – Oxygen Therapy produces constriction of blood vessels which can reduce edema while, at the same time, delivering significant levels of oxygen to poorly perfused tissue
Most illnesses are caused by microbial organisms. Our cells are toxic due to the high levels of environmental pollutants and the preservatives in our foods. When cells become congested with toxins, they don’t allow for sufficient oxygen to enter the cell, and the cell becomes predisposed to the disease. Oxygen Therapy increases the strength of the cell and forces oxygen into the cell to aid in the detoxifying process. Our cells love and need oxygen to thrive! The good news is that bacteria, fungi, microbes, and viruses cannot survive in an oxygen-rich environment!
Breathing oxygen at an increased pressure greatly enhances the supply of life-giving oxygen to the tissues. To understand how Oxygen Therapy works, one must first realize that under normal conditions (one atmosphere absolute or ATA), we are subjected to approximately 14.7 pounds per square inch of pressure. The air we breathe is composed of 21% oxygen and 79% nitrogen. During Oxygen Therapy, those conditions are altered. The pressures can be increased while 93% oxygen is breathed by the patient.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a medical treatment which enhances the body’s natural healing process by inhalation of 100% oxygen in a total body chamber, where atmospheric pressure is increased and controlled. It is used for a wide variety of treatments.
Under normal circumstances, oxygen is transported throughout the body only by red blood cells. With HBOT, oxygen is dissolved into all of the body’s fluids, the plasma, the central nervous system fluids, the lymph, and the bone and can be carried to areas where circulation is diminished or blocked. In this way, extra oxygen can reach all of the damaged tissues and support the body’s healing process.
The increased oxygen greatly enhances the ability of white blood cells to kill bacteria, reduces swelling and allows new blood vessels to grow more rapidly into the affected areas. It is a simple, non-invasive and painless treatment.
Hyperbaric chambers are equipped with a two-way speaker system, which also includes a phone handset for the operator to have private conversations with the patient.
The pressure in the chamber is increased gradually. The change feels similar to ascent and descent on an airplane ride. You might feel your ears pop. Patients report all kinds of other effects and feelings during treatment.
- If you have any cold or flu symptoms, fever, sinus or nasal congestion, or chest congestion.
- If there is a possibility that you may be pregnant.
- If there has been a change in any of your medications.
- If you have skipped a meal prior to your HBO treatment.
- If you are diabetic and did not take your insulin prior to your treatment.
- If you have any concerns or anxiety.
- If you suffer from claustrophobia.
You should not feel any noticeable difference once the chamber reaches treatment pressure. During compression and decompression, you may experience a slight pressure in your ears, similar to the feeling of descending in an airplane, which can be alleviated by swallowing or opening your mouth and popping your ears.
The process is similar to being referred for physical rehabilitation. Once your doctor has identified the need for HBOT, he or she may contact us with your name and contact information. We would be happy to answer your doctor’s questions about your eligibility at that time. They may then fax, post or email our office a completed referral form.
Hyperbaric oxygen is used to treat all conditions which benefit from increased tissue oxygen availability, as well as infections where it can be used for its antibiotic properties, either as the primary therapy or in conjunction with other treatments.
Common medical conditions treated with HBOT include chronic non-healing diabetic foot wounds, compromised skin grafts and flaps, chronic bone infection and bone/tissue injury resulting from radiation therapy.
It has long been known that healing many areas of the body cannot take place without appropriate oxygen levels in the tissue. Most illnesses and injuries occur and often linger, at the cellular or tissue level. In many cases, such as circulatory problems; non-healing wounds; and strokes, adequate oxygen cannot reach the damaged area and the body’s natural healing ability is unable to function properly. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy provides this extra oxygen naturally and with minimal side effects.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy improves the quality of life of the patient in many areas when used alongside standard medicine. Many conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy, head injuries, and chronic fatigue have responded favorably to HBOT.
Yes. There are several things you can do to improve your success rate:
- Always keep appointments. Regular, consistent participation in therapy will help you the most.
- If you smoke, consider stopping or at least cutting back. Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen needed for healing your wounds. All the benefits of HBOT will be increased if you quit.
- Eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of rest will enhance your body’s ability to heal.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is prescribed by a physician and performed under medical supervision. Although there are minor risks like all medical treatments, overall hyperbaric oxygen therapy is extremely safe. The risks will be discussed with you before you sign your consent form for therapy.
A treatment plan is based on your diagnosis or condition. The number of sessions required varies according to each patient’s individual requirements, which will be discussed during your initial consultation. Some conditions need only 2-5 treatments, many other conditions require 20-40 treatments or more depending on the severity of the individual’s case.
Each treatment session takes approximately 1– 2 hours, depending on your requirements.
Patients are accepted either by self-referral or by physician referral. All patients are evaluated by during an initial consultation and treated based on their specific needs. Please call the clinic on 0330 016 1000 to schedule a consultation.
The most common side effect is barotrauma to the ears and sinuses caused by the change in pressure. The hyperbaric chambers are pressurized gradually, giving your ears and sinuses time to acclimatize to the changed atmospheric pressure. To minimize the risk, patients learn techniques to promote adequate clearing of the ears during compression or tubes may be inserted in the ears.
Generally, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a relaxing experience – in fact, most people drift off to sleep. Your body will be detoxing and this is normal. However, some people may experience minor symptoms associated with detoxing after the treatment.
Following your first few sessions, you may experience fatigue as the body sweeps itself clear of toxic debris that has built up in the body. This is safe and normal during the healing process.Alternatively, you may feel more alert, awake and energized with no detox symptoms – it will depend on your own body.
Alternatively, you may feel more alert, awake and energized with no detox symptoms – it will depend on your own body.
Daily sessions will enable the body to gain a threefold increase in the rate of healing. Generally, 8 sessions are advised but Your therapist will discuss your lifestyle and health goals before any treatment are commenced.
After treatment, occasional oxygen therapy treatments are recommended to ensure that oxygen levels remain optimum.